Sacred Winds uses a multifaceted bodywork approach using Body Memory Recall and John F. Barnes' Myofascial Release as the primary modalities.
By using BMR/MFR as the primary approaches to restore homeostasis or normal balanced-functioning, we provide a personalized, caring, and affordable treatment plan that can be done here at the Lakewood office or in the comfort of our client's home.
This treatment plan allows our patients to return to a life of new possibilities as their pain will now be manageable or gone completely- depending on how they respond to treatment.
The mission of Sacred Winds Center for Healing
is to provide each patient/client with the most
advanced treatment and care to restore
wholeness and balance for complete mind-body
Nice to Meet You
"My story begins back in 1988 when I attended school at the Connecticut Center For Massage Therapy. I knew I needed to attend massage school because I was called to work with people as a minister is called to serve. I didn’t know what I would be doing...I just knew I had to do it.
I first thought I would work with athletes because I was highly involved with weight training and promoting good nutrition, so I thought that would be a natural fit. I graduated in December of 1989 thinking 'here I go.' I was already working in Connecticut with two chiropractors and both they and their patients loved the work I did. It wasn’t full body massage, but instead was utilizing deep tissue manipulation and what was called Athletic Massage at the time.
I moved back to NY and set up a practice. I still felt something was missing- athletes weren’t getting any bodywork because they, at that time, didn’t see the value in it. There was a pattern of clients showing up at my practice and these were people who were in pain, either acute from some fairly recent injury or with a chronic condition of several years. I had success in treating most afflictions that showed up with what I knew. However, I had this strong feeling that something was missing. Not too long after, I received a brochure in the mail regarding John F. Barnes Myofascial Release Seminars. I knew as soon as I attended the class and saw the immediate change in patients being demonstrated on, that I was in the right place. I proceeded to take all of the classes and repeated many of them to understand the content on a deeper level. I became an Assistant Instructor for many of the classes, too. After about 16 years of that, I discovered that I wanted to do more. A friend of mine had decided to take his training and create a different approach using his experiences, as many of us therapist do, and decided to teach them- thus creating the Body Memory Recall approach by Jonathon Tripodi. I decided to take all of the classes and become certified and a teaching assistant. I really loved doing the Sedona Journey, which I’ll talk more about later.
After all of these experiences, you have a therapist that has been practicing 29+ yrs who has had all sorts of chronic pain issues myself, starting off with severe lower back pain. It was through this process of taking classes and receiving a lot of treatment that has allowed me to become the successful therapist that I am today.
I would be honored to serve you on your journey and know that each of us has our own journey to complete. Sometimes, it can be helpful to have a tour guide while navigating bodywork and the release from chronic or acute pain. I can confidently say that I would love to be the 'tour guide' for you."
- New York State Licensed Massage Therapist
- BMR I ~ Intro to Body Memory Sept 2007 Cape Cod, MA
- BMR II ~ Twists & Turns Sept 2007 Cape Cod, MA
- BMR IV ~ Subtle Energy Barriers Oct 2010 Sedona, AZ
- BMR ~ The New Sedona Journey Oct 2008
- BMR ~ The Sedona Vision Trek May 2010
- Licensed to practice Massage and Bodywork in New York, Virginia, Washington, and Wisconsin.
- Registered Jin Shin Do Acupressurist
- Member of the American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA)
- Certified Spiritual Healer, Church of the Living Spirit
- Completion of the following Seminars: Paul St. John's Neuro-Muscular Techniques: TMJ Dysfunction, Hands, Feet and Eyes.
- Myofascial Release I, II, III, including Advanced Theory; Practice and Clinical Applications of Myofascial Release Techniques; Unwinding; Advanced Unwinding; Proficiency Assessment; Osseous Integration
- Myofascial Rebounding
- Myofascial Release Clinical Training I (Now called Skill Enhancement)
- Cranio-Sacral Therapy Level I Workshop
- Myofascial/Osseous Integration of Cervical/Thoracic Regions.
- Reiki I, II and III
- Intro to Bach Flower Essences
- Assisted Instructor: BMR I & II
- MFR Peds • MFR I (2x) • MFR III
- Assistant Instructor Pediatric MFR: MFR 1 (3x) • MFR III (3x)
- Acutonics (Sound Therapy with a Tuning Fork): Level I & II
- Event participation in the Connecticut Chapter, American Massage Therapy Association Connecticut Spirit Triathlon
- Multiple Sclerosis Bike Tour
- Boston Marathon Sports Massage Team
- Formal Education: Connecticut Center of Massage Therapy, Newington CT. Received Diploma in Massage Therapy
- SUNY College at Fredonia, NY B.A. in Sociology with a concentration in Social Work
- SUNY College of Technology, Utica, NY Majored in Human Services
- Jamestown Community College, Jamestown, NY A.S. Human Services
Please take a look at the type of services offered to see how we can best help you!